Preventing Urinary Tract Infections in Pets
- Consider feeding your pet wet food: Wet food has higher moisture content, which can help keep your pet’s urinary tract hydrated and healthy.
- Avoid feeding your pet table scraps: Certain human foods, such as onions and garlic, can be toxic to pets and can also contribute to UTIs.
- Provide frequent opportunities for outdoor exercise: Exercise can help improve your pet’s overall health, which can in turn reduce their risk of developing a UTI.
- Keep your pet’s bedding and environment clean: Regularly cleaning your pet’s bedding and living space can help prevent the spread of bacteria and reduce the risk of infection.
- Consider natural supplements: Some natural supplements, such as cranberry extract, can help support your pet’s urinary tract health and reduce the risk of UTIs. However, be sure to consult with your veterinarian before giving any supplements to your pet.