Signs of the 7 Most Common Paw Problems
- Allergies – swelling, licking and biting paws, redness and itchiness.
- Nail Issues – licking and biting paws, swelling, nails clicking on the floor, limping.
- Fungal and Bacterial Infections – swelling paws, licking and biting paws, redness, foul odours.
- Cracked Paws – licking and biting paws, clear cracks in paw pads.
- Parasites – insects found between paw toes, itchiness and swelling.
- Cuts – small abrasions on paw pads, bleeding, swelling.
- Burns – blisters, swelling, cracked paws, refusal to stand or walk.
- When your pet has allowed you to trim a little bit off all their nails, only then can you start actually trimming their nails. Be careful not to clip past the curve of the nail, otherwise you may hit the area of the nail that contains nerves and blood vessels.